Kollmorgen's AKD2G drive is a leading edge drive product that provides many state of the art features. These release notes for the AKD2G firmware (the software that runs on the AKD2G drive) describe the significant features and changes introduced with each release.
Please update to WorkBench version 126.96.36.19988 or later when using this firmware. In general, Kollmorgen recommends that you update WorkBench when you install new AKD2G firmware.
Version 02-00-01-000 : January 31, 2019
Added new keywords for EtherCat/CANBus drives to view the status and control words.
Diagnostic keywords for CANBus and EtherCat were added to collect various diagnostic information for each fieldbus.
A firmware defect was fixed where the axis was disabled when the brake was manually controlled while enabled.
The new CanOpen object 1008h "Manufacturer Device Name" returns a string that contains the full AKD2G model number. This model number is on the label on the side of the drive and available using DRV.INFO.
When gearing is selected as CMDSOURCE and the GEAR.FBSOURCE matches the same feedback as IL/VL/PL.FBSOURCE the axis cannot be controlled.
A warning is now generated when GEAR.FBSOURCE matches IL/VL/PL.FBSOURCE and CMDSOURCE is set to gearing. If the axis is enabled then a fault is generated as well and the axis is forced to disable.
Bit 12 of AXIS#.MOTIONSTAT should be set when a motion task is executing and the target velocity has been reached. Instaed of this bit being set once when getting to close to the slew speed and being cleared when the motion task finished, the bit would keep changing.
The default value of AXIS#.SETTLE.V was changed to 60rpm. AXIS#.SETTLE.V is used to decide if the speed of the axis is sufficiently close to the target speed. The default value for AXIS#.SETTLE.V was previously too small.
The logic to set bit 12 of AXIS#.MOTIONSTAT has been changed to use AXIS#.VL.FBFILTER instead of AXIS#.VL.FB. This filtered version of the velocity feedback is significantly smoother allowing AXIS#.SETTLE.V to be set much smaller.
- AXIS#.IL.VCMD and AXIS#.IL.VDCMD were reporting wrong units. Now they are fixed and both report "Vrms L-N" (line to neutral).
- AXIS#.IL.VUFB and AXIS#.IL.VVFB are also fixed to report correct values in "V L-N" (line to neutral).
- AXIS#.IL.DEADBAND privilege is changed from read-only to read/write.
- Its unit is nano-seconds when reading/writing.
Version 02-00-00-001 : January 11, 2019
Most single axis drives only have one power board temperature sensor and HW.TEMP3 should not be visible on these drives.
HW.TEMP3 is now not visible on most single axis drives, and Warning 2503 is not reported on these drive models. HW.TEMP3 does work on a 7V12S which does have two power temperature sensors.
Version 02-00-00-000 : December 20, 2018
AKD2G firmware version 02-00-00-000 is available for download and general use. AKD2G is a leading edge drive product that provides many state of the art features.
- Multi-axis operation with complete feature support on each axis
- Improved feedback management
- Improved electronic gearing support
- Action table enhancements to digital input and output modes
- Improved control loop capabilities and performance
- Improved capture and motion task registration move functionality
- Enhanced fieldbus capabilities and performance
- File download security
- LCD graphics display